The NHL is in the midst of a lockout and the season could be cancelled. However, the AHL opens play in October and that means we still have a chance to play fantasy hockey.
So, let me officially introduce the 2012-13 AHL fantasy league, which will be run and managed here on Wrong Side of the Red Line.
Since Shaun and I will rotate manually scoring the league each week, its going to be a very simple league. But one that should still fill that burning desire to play fantasy hockey this season.
The ground rules:
- Each team will have an six starters (three forwards, two defensman, one goalie) and three bench players.
- Lineups will be locked on Monday mornings and last through the week, if you don’t submit a new lineup on Monday your lineup will carry over to the next week.
- To add or drop players it will be first come-first serve, any add/drops will have to be requested in email.
- Any trades agreed upon by teams will require an email from both teams, proving it was a mutual decision.
- Scoring will be head-to-head each week, a matchup will last from Monday to Sunday. If there is an odd number of teams one team will get a bye each week.
- Each head-to-head matchup winner will be determined by which team wins the most catergories.
- The catergories will be: goals, assists, penalty minutes (players) and wins, saves (goalies).
- For example: if Team A has more goals, wins and saves, while Team B has more assists and penalty minutes, Team A wins the matchup 3-2.
- There is no award for winning by a larger margin, a 3-2 win is just as good as a 5-0 victory. Shaun or I don’t have the time to calculate standings that in-depth.
- The draft process is still being determined, but since we won’t have the luxury of an autopick tool (like Yahoo, ESPN, etc..) if you miss the draft your team will be have to be built by claiming players that weren’t drafted.
- The league email address for trades, add/drop, etc. will be firstname.lastname@example.org
- There will be an update post with standings and weekly winners on Wrong Side of the Red Line each week.
Interested in playing? Email email@example.com